Paleness, lethargic, headaches, sickness, dizziness, high fever, allergic. Suggestion?

My daughter is 7 she has been suffering something we don't know what her symptoms are paleness, lethargic, headaches, feeling sick, dizziness and sometimes are very high fever it get so high most of the time we have to take her to hospital but they can't find what is causing it she has had blood test for just everything and they find anything except she is allergic to something they don't know what and we have also found giving her a sugar hit perks her up for a little while and she seems to be worse in winter than summer do you have any ideas of where we can start looking
Sorry she is actually 9 years old, dont know what i was thinking when i wrote that we have a history of epilepsy in the family if that helps and it has been diagnosed on the last 4 generations i have it my other daughter my unlce my cousins and my grandmother
Posted Thu, 12 Apr 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 22 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query. I can understand your concern because these symptoms are difficult to be grouped together under one possibility. A few possibilities which I can think of are:

1)     If your daughter has been diagnosed with allergies then it can be due to allergic rhinitis and chronic sinusitis. Even dizziness and headaches can fever can be caused by sinus infections, inner ear infections causing labrynthitis or frequent infections.

2)     Since she is pale, lethargic and having dizziness, her complete blood count, peripheral blood film needs to be done and any form of anemia and leukemias need to be ruled out.

3)     Endocrine causes like thyroid disease also needs to be ruled out. For this her thyroid function tests should be done.

4)     For any prolonged headaches and dizziness, a brain CT/ MRI should be done to rule out any neurological abnormality.

She may be having a lowered immune system which predisposes her to frequent infections soon. Poor diet and low iron contents causing anemia may cause lack of essential nutrients which may make her body less fit to fight germs. Eating a healthy, balanced diet and hydrating your body with plenty of water can help her immune system be stronger.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.