Pale skin patches on chest and suffering from acne problem. What is the treatment?

hi doctor i have developed some pale skin patches on my chest and hair grown on those skin patches are white. i developed these patches 8 -9 years ago.i am also suffering from severe acne problem. what disease is this and what should i do about it.
Posted Sun, 24 Nov 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 5 hours later
Brief Answer: Vitiligo with acne. Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX , I understand your concern regarding your skin problem and I hope I will be able to help you in the same. Now from your description of the skin problem, it looks like you are having vitiligo along with severe acne. But I would first like to have a look at the exact skin condition. Since treatment for both of these conditions is long term, so it is necessary to confirm the diagnosis first. It would be great if you can click some close up pictures of both your skin problems and upload them here over this page. You can also email the pictures at YYYY@YYYY with heading as ref to Dr Geetika Paul. As far as acne is concerned, I would like to tell you certain general precautions. You should not apply any oily creams over your face. You should not pick or touch the acne lesions as this tends to increase the chances of pigmented scars. You should use a sunscreen regularly in order to prevent pigmentation. Avoid eating nuts as far as possible. Keep your face clean and dry. I am sure that I will be able to help you more once you follow up with the pictures. Dr Geetika Paul.