Painless lump on buttock. Have herniated slipped disc that is painful

I have a painless small lump, about the size of a quarter on my right buttock? I noticed this about 6 weeks ago, but it does not bother me. I do have a herniated slipped disc for the last 20 years and that does pain a bit.
Posted Mon, 24 Sep 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 2 hours later

Commonest cause of symptom-less lump in this region is a lipoma, which is a fat containing lump. These don't need any treatment.You can bring this to notice of your doctor during your next visit to confirm the diagnosis.

This is not related to herniated disc.

Hope this answers your question.Please ask if there are doubts.Regards.