Painless lump in the groin area. Causes?

I have a lump about the size of a grape on my inner right thigh just below the groin. It is not painful and will not burst when pressed. It feels rubbery to the touch. Not sure how long it has been there but noticed it about 3 days ago? Should I be worried about it?
Posted Mon, 7 May 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Mohammed Tauseef 42 minutes later

Thank you for the query.

Your history suggests the possibility of a Enlarged Lymph node there, which is termed as Inguinal Lymphadenopathy.

Lymph nodes are part of the human body's defense mechanism. They get swollen in response to a Infection. It could be due to a STD (Sexually Transmitted Disease), but other infections and Allergic reactions can also cause this.

You need a thorough physical examination by a like,

1.) Bloodwork.
2.) Urinalysis.
3.) Lymphnode Biopsy if required.

Once the cause is confirmed, you will be treated accordingly. Kindly do not delay.

Hope, I have answered your query. Please accept my answer in case you do not have follow up queries.

Dr. Mohammed Tauseef.