Painless lump appeared near hip. Pulled muscle or bursitis?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
had a lot of pain near my hip walking the other day. Could barely walk for a while. No pain the next day. But now there's a big lump. No pain when press it. Able to walk, etc. Pulled muscle, bursitis? Color me confused.
Posted Fri, 28 Dec 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
The lump near the hip with a no pain now can be due to a hematoma, bursitis or a local infection. A direct examination and investigations like MRI scan are necessary to diagnose the cause.
Meanwhile you can do a hot compress on the lump and start taking an anti inflammatory NSAID after consulting your physician.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.