Painless, colorless bump in groin, under the skin, sore after squeezing. What could this be?

Question
Hi, I just noticed that I have a painless and colorless bump in my groin area, under the scrotum to the right and pretty much in the mid area that connects thigh, upper thigh and anus, it is not on testicle. It is also painless and seems to be under the skin as there is nothing noticeable on the outside of the skin. I have no other symptoms besides the actual bump. What could this possible be? I can barely feel it there, and it now feels slightly sore only because i've been squeezing it.
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 6 hours later
Its possible that you may be having a sebaceous cyst,inclusion cysts,condyloma or folliculitis etc.If its not giving you any trouble then, no intervention required immediately.You need to keep a watch if there is any change in size or it becomes painful or causes a discharge. If there is any change you need to be examined and also get an ultrasound of the testis done.Testicular lumps often present as a painless swelling bit there are other associated factors.Change in size is important.I suggest that you stop handling the area much.Keep monitoring any change.Inform you doctor and get examined immediately if there is any change.

Follow-up: Painless, colorless bump in groin, under the skin, sore after squeezing. What could this be? 12 hours later
Based in the location I described, can we rule out that it is a swollen lymph node?

Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 37 minutes later
Based on the description you have given,swollen lymph nodes are less likely.You are more likely to get lymph nodes in the groin area. Since you say that the swelling is below the scrotum midline to the anus,then swollen lymph nodes are less likely at that location.

Follow-up: Painless, colorless bump in groin, under the skin, sore after squeezing. What could this be? 12 minutes later
One last thing I forgot to mention, about a week and a half ago my wife playfully punched me right under the scrotum where the bump is now, could this have caused it? The blow did actually hurt and now that i think about it did hurt where the bumpbis now. At the time I didn't inspect or feel a bump, it was two days ago that I felt it when I was showering, I do know I could very well have had it before I even noticed it. Thank you very much for your assistance, it is very helpful.

Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 4 minutes later
Well,it may be possible that some slight trauma had caused some tissue damage which has become a cystic area/fibrous tissue.It could also very well be unrelated.As i have said,keep a watch on the size and consistency and any change needs to be reported to your doctor for examination.