Painless bumps in the vagina. History of herpes. No discharge or crusting. Are these sore bumps or warts?

I have noticed that I have 3 bumps on my labia majora near the outside. It is not Herpes cause i've actually had them for a couple of years and they don't hurt...basically the symptoms don't fit what I have. And they don't look like warts either. They are not painful, have no discharge or crusting, they are just smooth and round. Oh and they're not clustered either. Could this be warts or is it normal to have some bumps on the vagina? even after pressing them they dont hurt.
Posted Tue, 1 May 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 23 minutes later

The small painless non growing bumps on the labia majora can be sebaceous cysts, small lipomas, bartholin's cysts or genital warts. Sometimes the genital warts do stay on the skin like that without any growth or pain.

Proper diagnosis requires a proper physical examination of the swelling in question.

Most of the times such swellings do not show any change over years.

If it grows in size, becomes red or painful then it indicates infection and needs treatment. You might consult a gynecologist who can examine and then decide on the appropriate treatment.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.

Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Dr. Rakhi Tayal.