Painless bruise on top of the foot, fatigue. Reason?

I woke up this morning with a large bruise on top of one foot. About 2 inches wide by 4 inches long. No pain to touch the area or numbness, and I can't see where I would have injured it (in my sleep). Also have been a little fatigued the past couple of days. And ideas?
Posted Tue, 12 Jun 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Ashwini Kolur 2 hours later

I will try my best to provide you with best possible professional recommendations to your questions.

When tiny blood vessels called capillaries break, burst or develop a slight leak under the skin, it may cause unexplained bruising. Most of the time, bruises appear after one bangs or hits oneself to something hard.

I think unknowingly hit your leg to coat or wall near by during sleep which might have caused it.

I don't think you need to worry if you have only one bruise on the leg. I advice you to search for any other such lesion in the body.

If multiple bruises with no injury indicate thrombocytopenia, Marfan's syndrome
Ehlers-Danlos syndrome, Scurvy, Vitamin K Cream can be used.

I advice you to follow the conservative approach, you should be fine in 3 to 4 days.
In case if it persists more 10 days/ multiple bruises found, XXXXXXX the physician for examination.

Yet again, I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query.

Hope i have cleared your queries. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer