Ask a Urologist   »  

Painful yellow sperm when I ejaculate. All tests normal. What is troubling me?

hello some times i get painful yellow sperm when i ejaculate. Last year I ahd the same problem and I was also having a problem urinating. My std tests came out negative and urine test for prostatitis was normal too. My doctor gave me simple anti biotics that time that took care of the problem.
Now once again I am having this problem. My urine routine is pretty much normal, but it hurts when i ejaculate. what can be done?
Posted Wed, 6 Jun 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 38 minutes later

I appreciate your efforts for medical consultation in so much distress.

Important aspects of your query are:
•     31 year old male
•     Complaints of: yellow semen, pain in ejaculation & urination.
•     History of similar complaints 1 year back, improved with antibiotic

You case is interesting and but difficult too. Even your attending physician is facing to solve it. I will try to give my best effort to help you in this problem.

From clinical picture it appear that you have some infection. Past history of response to anti biotic favor this assumption.

Following may be the causes of negative test:
-Parasitic infection leading to eosinophilia: get you complete blood count
-Viral infection: infection is usually self limiting
-Sample collection or laboratory error: get test from other laboratory also

Irrespective of cause following measures will help you:
-Course of antibiotic which you received in past irrespective of lab reports as infection is more harmful then trial of antibiotic
-Single dose ivermectine (12mg) which is a broad spectrum anti parasitic medicines
-Drink lots of water
*Take medicines only in supervision of your physician.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow ups.

Wish you good health.
Follow-up: Painful yellow sperm when I ejaculate. All tests normal. What is troubling me? 3 minutes later

Many thanks for the response. could this be std related?
Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 6 minutes later
Hello again,

Infection can be due to any cause: STD or other reason.
Better tested from different lab also.

Also get X-Ray and Ultrasound examination as repeated infection may be due to stone in urogenital tract.

Wish you good health.