Painful white bumps in the labia. Medication?

I had two white bumps to labia and very painful
Posted Sat, 2 Jun 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 29 minutes later

I would like to know some more details on your problem so that I understand your problem better and opine specifically

Since when did you notice the lesions there ?
Are there any lesions elsewhere in the body ?
Is there redness surrounding the lesions ?
Do you have fever ?
Are you sexually active ?

Anticipating your response,
Follow-up: Painful white bumps in the labia. Medication? 9 minutes later
They appeared three days ago,there was swelling at first then the white spots appeared looked like two pimples. the white tip is gone but still tender. No temp. Yes sexually active but one partner for past 4 years.
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 17 minutes later
Hi again,

Thanks for the information.

Based on the description provided I suspect the lesion to be folliculitis. such lesions are very common on the hair growing skin specially with thick subcutaneous fat.

You may need to take a course of antibiotics and one Tab Motrin 400 twice daily after food for three days to reduce the inflammation, swelling and pain.

For antibiotics you may have to consult your treating doctor as you will be needing a written prescription for the same.

Hope I answered all your questions. Please use any answer clarification before closing and rating this answer. I will be happy to explain or expand on any issue you may have.