Painful urination and white spots near urethra. Is this HIV?

May 2013
Hi I am a female and it hurts to urinate and when I had a look I have a few white dots around my pee hole. Is it possible that I have hiv?
Posted Sat, 2 Nov 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 8 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Urinary tract infection, vaginal infection

Detailed Answer:
Possibly you may be having urinary tract infection.
You once consult gynecologist, get examined and go for urine microscopy and culture and sensitivity.
Along with that let your doctor examine the white spots.
Sometimes vaginal infection can lead to vaginal discharge, that can appear as white spots near urethra also.
Sometimes viral infections can lead to warty growths. Small warts can appear as white dots.
By examination only the exact cause can be made out and treated.
Just by lesions we can not come to one conclusion regarding HIV.
Don't get scared. If you want, once go for blood test to rule out the possibility.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer followup queries. If you are satisfied with the answer, please give your review at the end of the discussion.