Ask a Urologist   »  

Painful urination and noticed bleeding after peeing. Should I visit ER?

Bleeding after peeing, painful urination. Do I go to hospital? It wasn't in the actual per, but is now bleeding when wiped
Posted Sun, 24 Feb 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 52 minutes later
Welcome to HM.
It could be either UTI- urinary tract infection or local problem at the foreskin level.
You need clinical examination plus urine analysis and scan of the bladder to look for the cause of painful urination like infection or stones. So you have to go to the hospital.
Th treatment depends on the cause.
Till u XXXXXXX the doc, plenty of oral fluids, cranberry juice and good hygiene should help.
Hope this answers your query.
Kindly write back for doubts if any--
Best regards