Painful, swollen, bruised left labia. Applying ice on bruise. What is the healing period and alternate relief method?

I fell getting out of pool and fell on my left libia. It is very swollen and painful. How long for it to heal? I am applying ice to bruised area any other quick fixes
Posted Wed, 18 Jul 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
It seems that your daughter has suffered a bruise in the area. Applying ice and taking a mild pain killer like acetaminophen is the best thing to do. Usually it takes 3-4 days for the symptoms to subside while the discoloration may take even longer to fade.
In case the swelling is gradually increasing in the size even after application of ice then it indicates a continued bleeding in which case a medical attention is needed.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Painful, swollen, bruised left labia. Applying ice on bruise. What is the healing period and alternate relief method? 1 hour later
I took her to the dr and they said it was very swollen and bruised and very hard but said take Tylenol 3 and continue ice nothing more to do do you agree when to worry or just wait it put ty
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 14 minutes later
Thanks for writing again.
If it has already been examined by a physician then you can wait and watch for any change in the size of swelling. If it is no more increasing then probably active bleeding has stopped. In case of fever, extreme pain and increase in swelling, systemic antibiotics and surgical drainage of the hematoma may be required.
Continue icing and tylenol round the clock for symptomatic relief.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.