Painful spot appeared below knee. How to get rid of it?

I have a yellowish, purple spot about the size of a large plum on my outer calf, just below my knee. No injury but bruise will not go away. It looks whitish in the center and I have a lot of pain in my leg but not where the spot is. This has been her for about 3 weeks now
Posted Tue, 15 Jan 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 1 hour later
Welcome to healthcare Magic!
The lesion as appears in the photograph seems to be due to some inflammatory cause. It can be a local infection or an insect bite. Pain indicates inflammation as is also evident by surrounding congested veins.
It needs to be evaluated by a dermatologist and good prescription antibiotics to control the problem.
I hope the advise would be informative and useful for you.
Take Care!