Painful sore on the back. Is it Herpes?

Question
I have a very painful sore on my buttocks near my tail bone and was wondering if this looks like herpes or could even be herpes? I'm a heterosexual male. Could this possibly be a hemroid?
Posted Sun, 29 Apr 2012 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
I have seen the picture attached with this query.
The painful sore on your back could be due to herpes.
I encourage you to consult your dermatologist for proper diagnosis and treatment.
Meanwhile you can apply moist cold compress on the area for relief from pain.
For additional pain relief, using aspirin, ibuprofen (Advil), or acetaminophen (Tylenol) may be beneficial. Oral as well as topical antivirals are needed for treatment.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.

Follow-up: Painful sore on the back. Is it Herpes? 28 hours later
So this does look like herpes to you?

Hello.

Thanks for writing again.

Yes, it looks like a Herpes lesion. Physical examination by a dermatologist will help in confirmation of diagnosis.

Hope my answer is helpful. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Wishing you a trouble free speedy recovery.

Regards.