Painful shoulder, neck and arm, lump near bicep. Treated for Triple Negative BC. Can it be cancer?

hello, I am two years out from treatment for Triple Negative BC stage 1c. I have been having pretty bad pain in my shoulder and neck and arm on the same side as cancer. About 2 months started out of blue nothing makes better. GP thinks some muscle or legiment injury. Arm has been swollen Oncologist said maybe fluid. Today I can feel a definate lump near bicep area about size of dime above arm not undeer. Should I be concerned or just go on living my happy go lucky life? Thank you so much for your time. XXXXXX
Also had an ultrasound on arm in Feb to look at if the area that was swollen was anything that could be seen, but it showed nothing. They could feel the area but nothins showed on the ultrasound.??
Posted Mon, 13 May 2013 in Breast Cancer
Answered by Dr. Jawahar Ticku 1 hour later

Since you have been treated for stage 1C triple negative breast cancer, it must be the surgical injury having caused blocking of the lymph vessel that has given rise to the swollen arm and moderate pain in the area because of the distension of the vessel.

Active exercise of the arm and over the counter analgesics, as and when required, should help you.

You have to be concerned only for regular check up as per advice of your doctor and rest as well said by you, Lucky Go Happy way.

Dr. J. Ticku