Painful sexual intercourse, bleeding. Pulling in tummy. Do I need to see a doctor?

Infertility Specialist
Question
kinda worryed after having sex me and my boyfriend were having sex and I it started to hurt a lot.like so bad I was crying and its never done that before! after he looked down and said ur bleeding I just got off my peroid 3 days ago! but for the last week before this I've been having dull pulling in my tummy right side! I need to know if I need to see a doctor?
Posted Sat, 8 Sep 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 3 hours later

I have read your query & I understand your concerns. Following is my reply:

1) Bleeding could be possibly due to continuation of the period which had stopped 3 days ago. Some tissues wich were incompletely shed during period would have come out now. Hence dont worry about bleeding.

2) The pain could be due to various reasons. It could be possibily due to friction pain while having sex. If it has happened only this time no need to worry. Just relax.

3) If the dull pain in right side does not go, please get urine tested for urinary tract infection. It is also a form of infection leading to pain you described.

I hope I answered your query. I will be available for any followup queries you have.

Dr.Mahesh Koregol
IVF & Infertility Specialist.

Follow-up: Painful sexual intercourse, bleeding. Pulling in tummy. Do I need to see a doctor? 8 minutes later
its a lot more blood than I normally have .. ? anything I can do to help the bleeding?

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 35 minutes later
Hi, nice to hear from you again. Sometimes it is usual to have excess flow. It comes down in 2 days. If it does not come down please see your doctor for getting prescription of tablet containing tranexamic acid. I wiil not be able to prescribe it online. Please get back to me if any more queries. If no more queries, please accept my answer. Regards, Dr. Mahesh Koregol