Painful sex, sore vagina, itchiness, white discharge with pink tinge. Is that normal?

Question
Hi. I sort of have two questions in one. Firstly i've only ever had 3 sexual partners and didn't start having sex till i was nearly 20. However i'm 25 now and had a period of about 4 years where i never had sex but now when i have sex it still hurts. For example i have sex more than about 3 times in 2 days my vagina becomes very sore. Is that normal? And the second query i have i recently had sex with my boyfriend (around 3 days ago) but i think my vagina became dry and i didn't get him to stop early enough and was very sore afterwards. Now the sores XXXXXXX is gone but i still have a slight itchy feeling on the entrance to my vagina and i'm getting a whitish sometimes disharge with a slight pink tinge through it. Is that normal? I've had it once before after having sex with my boyfriend numerous times over a weekend but by the enough of the week it had cleared up.
Posted Wed, 25 Apr 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health

Answered by Dr. Radhika 2 hours later

Soreness following intercourse is most probably due to insufficient lubrication. Also you are having sexual intercourse after a long period that is 4 years. Normally some people do get this, for this you will need to apply a lubricating jelly like KY-jelly. You will also get lubricated condoms which can be used during intercourse.

Even slight bleeding can be caused due to insufficient lubrication, resulting in soreness and injury to the inner vaginal walls. White discharge normally seen following intercourse is normal; these fluids are formed when sexually aroused. This will also help in lubrication. But if it is associated with itching and foul smell it could be due to fungal infection or sexually transmitted infections.

I suggest you observe if the discharge is curdy or foul smelling. You will need to then go for a Gynecological check up. If any sexually transmitted infection is present or fungal infection both you and your partner need to be treated.

Hope I have answered your query.If you have no further follow ups please accept my answer.

Regards.

Follow-up: Painful sex, sore vagina, itchiness, white discharge with pink tinge. Is that normal? 7 hours later
With regards to the soreness i normally have no problems with lubrication meaning i'm normally really wet however the soreness feels more like brusing and it is still painful for me on innitial penetration each time is that normal?

Answered by Dr. Radhika 3 minutes later

The reason you are having pain during penetration is small vaginal opening and insufficient lubrication, even though you feel the lubrication is sufficient I feel it might be due to that itself.

You should indeed try KY-jelly and look for improvement in your symptoms. Else you might need a Gynecological examination to determine other causes.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have no further follow ups please accept my answer.

Regards.

Follow-up: Painful sex, sore vagina, itchiness, white discharge with pink tinge. Is that normal? 6 days later
With regards to the itching that i had and the white discharge i think it may be a yeast infection and was wondering if the at home spit test (where you spit into a glass of water first thing in the morning when you get up) is a fairly accurate indication? I also have a white coated tounge. I live out on a cattle property and can't always get to town to get tested so was hoping this would tell me and i could find some natural ways to treat it without having to get any drugs?

Answered by Dr. Radhika 4 hours later
Hi and thanks again,

A dry vagina is sometime itchy and prone to infection. Infections such as yeast may occur with it.

The spit test that you describe or any other home test is not reliable to confirm the diagnosis. One needs a proper physical examination and microscopic test to confirm the possibility

I understand your difficulties to seek medical help. In this context, I suggest you to try over the counter Femstat 3 cream for a week. Vinegar douches are also effective in some cases. You may try any of this and if your symptoms improve, it probably suggests that you had an infection.

You can try cleaning the tongue with a solution made up of 1 tsp baking soda or vinegar in 100mg of water.

Wish you a speedy recovery.

Follow-up: Painful sex, sore vagina, itchiness, white discharge with pink tinge. Is that normal? 2 days later
Hi there

When using a vinegar douche how much solution should i use? What't the best sort of vinegar to use? Is there a certain amount of time you should use it for? I've been using a vinager solution just to wash the outside and that has stopped the itch. Also i've read that if you have a partner that drinks a lot of beer which i do then that can cause a yeast infection and they may already have it and not be aware of it. Is this the case?

Answered by Dr. Radhika 3 hours later

Thanks for writing back.

Use XXXXXXX cider Vinegar of 5% acidity. 2 to 3 minutes of cleaning with vinegar is optimum.

I do not consider beer drinking related to yeast infection and its transmission, do not worry about it.

Wish you good health.