Painful scab-like lesion on scalp, oozing clear fluid. Cause?

I have oozing scablike clear fluid on my scalp that is painful to the touch. What is this and what causes it?
Posted Fri, 20 Apr 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Aashish Raghu 31 minutes later

According to your history it appears you could be having a scalp infection which has lead to oozing and scab formation.

The possibilities can be due to inherent scalp condition like Dermatitis, fungal infection, bacterial infection as well. I would advise you to not touch the lesion with hands. You may apply an antibiotic ointment like Fucidin if it is painful. You may apply warm compress if it is very painful as well.

Pat-dry your hair and avoid rough handling of scalp and hair. Avoid strong shampoo use. Eat plenty of fresh fruits and XXXXXXX leafy vegeteables. Drink plenty of water.

If this sort of problem is a common experience you may need to get it looked at by your Dermatologist to rule out infection which may persist even after treatment due to inherent dermatitis in scalp. Get your blood sugar tested to rule out Diabetes since it is common and you get infections regularly in other sites as well.

I hope I have answred your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries.