Painful pus filled bump on the back of the neck, skin rashes. What could this be?

I had a bump 3 days ago that hurt really bad on the back of my neck, my bf looked at it and said it looked like a pimple. So yesterday morning I squeezed it, I felt some liquid but noticed last night 2 round circles on each side that looks like a rash. It was worse this morning. Still hasn't changed but the whole area is pretty sore.
Posted Wed, 11 Apr 2012 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 1 hour later

Thanks for the query

I have gone through the image you have sent. The rash looks like folliculitis, which is nothing but infection of the hair follicles. Folliculitis are generally extremely painful. You will have to apply a Topical application of Neomycin ointment after cleaning the area twice daily and for the pain paracetamol 650 mg twice daily. Please XXXXXXX your physician or dermatologist for a prescription. Please do not scratch or squeeze the area so there are chances of of spreading.

I hope I have answered your query, please accept my answer if there are no further queries please accept my answer

I wish you good health