Painful periods after tube removal during ectopic pregnancy. Is this just scar tissue?

Infertility Specialist
Hi I had an ectopic pregnancy 18 months ago and my right tube was removed. I have had extremely painful periods each month since ESP on the right hand side and they've got worse each period now the pain is in my legs. Is this just scar tissue? I'm worried as they get worse each month so how am I going to be in the future?
Posted Mon, 17 Sep 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 2 hours later
Hi, thanks for your query. I understand your concerns. Following is my reply : 1) your symptoms are unrelated to the surgery for ectopic pregnancy per se. 2) since your pains are associated with periods i suspect you have developed scar endometriosis. This is a condition where endometrial tissue is implanted in scar tissue. 3) You need to take gonadotropin agonist hormone injections to relieve your pain.4) I advice you to visit a gynecologist & rule out endometriosis by doing ultrasound. 5) If no endometriosis is found on ultrasound, please get evaluated for scar endometriosis & take above injections. I hope I answered your query. Regards, Dr. Mahesh Koregol