Painful penetration due to dry vagina, burning sensation while urinating. Remedy ?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Hello recently i was on a honey moon my vagina was dry and penetration was painful i have burning sensation pain when i touch in the beginning of my vagina i mean on the passage also have burning during urination specially in the mornings .please suggest me
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Aashish Raghu 36 minutes later

Thank you for posting your query.

I understand your concern.

You have provided with good information, I appreciated it. In order to guide you appropriately, I will need a few more details regarding your problem, so please answer the following questions in as much detail as possible.

1. Are you having any vaginal discharge, vaginal itching?

2. Since how many days have you been having the pain and burning during passing urine?

3. Are your menstrual cycles regular?

4. Is this the first time you have noticed such pain during sexual intercourse?

5. If you were sexually active earlier, have you ever faced similar problems in the past?

Now, to answer your query.

Firstly about the vaginal dryness and pain during penetration.

There are many possible causes for this. Common causes are...

1. Diminished state of arousal.
2. Hormonal deficiencies.
3. Performance anxiety.
4. General anxiety.
5. Expectations from the partner.
6. foreplay. The more time you spend in foreplay, better the arousal and better will be your sexual life. Foreplay brings you into a heightened state of arousal which increases the vaginal and cervical lubricating secretions. These secretions will facilitate a pain free and easy penetration.

2. Do not keep very high expectations and let go and let loose.

3. Eliminate any sort of stress in your life and think how best you can enjoy your sexual life. You have to have positive thoughts about enjoying the act of sexual intercourse. In short, you should think of the sexual act as a means of pleasure and not just an obligation.

Try these, I am sure you will see an appreciable improvement.

You may try using a lubricating jelly like KY jelly. This will provide good lubrication and dryness can be avoided.

The burning sensation on passing urine could be due to water a day. Drink Cranberry juice as it helps prevent urinary tract infections.

Keep good personal hygiene. Eat plenty of fresh fruits and XXXXXXX leafy vegetables.

The infection requires a complete evaluation and appropriate management.

I suggest you consult a gynecologist/Urologist in your area to get a proper evaluation done.

You might also require a routine urine examination and microscopic examination along with complete blood counts.

Please do revert back with the answers to my questions so that I can provide you more useful information.

Awaiting your response.

Follow-up: Painful penetration due to dry vagina, burning sensation while urinating. Remedy ? 9 hours later
yeah discharge sometimes once in a day due to arousal. itching menstrual cycle is good. burning during urination since few days sometimes i have burning sensation sometimes don't it could be because of weather change or something?
Answered by Dr. Aashish Raghu 1 hour later

Thanks for the reply.

The burning sensation while passing urine is quite possibly due to water, consume Citralka syrup as directed above and keep good personal hygiene.

If the problem does not subside in few days, kindly do consult your Urologist or Gynecologist in this regard.