Painful lumps near vagina on both thighs, have had c-sections. Reason?

can someone help mehi, I'm 25 years old, 5'3 and 135 pounds. I have 3 kids age 8,4 and two. I have had one natural birth and 2 c-sections. I'm not on any meds of any kind. about a week ago one painful lump appeared on my upper thigh near my vagina, the next day on the opposite side in the exact same area another lump appeared. they are very tender and feel like balls inside my skin, there not on my vagina, there where my leg bends in the front beside my vagina. I have no inc. and no money to see a doctor, if there is anything you can tell i will be very appreciative.
Thank you,
Posted Fri, 13 Apr 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Gaurang Krishna 2 hours later

With this description it appears that you have developed furuncles.

Are the bumps red in color?

Do you you see a yellowish tip on top of the bump? If yes, then start a broad spectrum antibiotic.

Take for one week. You may take any pain killer for the discomfort.

It is best to see a dermatologist personally to get a prescription as these medicines are not available over the counter.

Hope i have answered your query.I will be available for follow up.
Follow-up: Painful lumps near vagina on both thighs, have had c-sections. Reason? 4 hours later
no sir there not bumps, there not red at all. there big balls under my skin they kind of feel like cists. very painful
Answered by Dr. Gaurang Krishna 23 hours later
Hello and thanks again,

Based on your description, an inflammed lymphnode / furuncle are probable. The condition should improve with antibiotics and anti inflammatory drugs. Ibuprofen 400mg twice a day with antibiotics might be helpful here.

A picture of the affected region would have helped me in giving more information about the problem. I understand that it is embarrassing to upload the picture of the lumps, hence it would be wise to get a local examination done by a competent doctor.

Since there are no bumps and not red, they should be easily treatable.

Do not worry, you shall be fine soon.

Hope this answers your query. Wish you good health and speedy recovery.

Follow-up: Painful lumps near vagina on both thighs, have had c-sections. Reason? 5 hours later
thank you so much!! I can quit worrying now. have a good day and god bless you :):)
Answered by Dr. Gaurang Krishna 14 hours later
Hello again,

Thank you too.

Wish you good health.