Ask a Dentist   »  

Painful lump on palate, pain in left side gum. Have dental implants, sinus infection with existing stuffiness. Treatment?

Dentist, Prosthodontics
Question
small painful lump on my palate I have dental implants 5 years ago with no problems. The left side of my gums hurts. Just had a sinus infection. Still have some stuffiness. I just finished a Z-pack and i use a nedi-pot. I purchase the water for the nedi-pot. No pain the first thing in the morning by the afternoon I take pain medication.
Posted Mon, 7 May 2012 in Dental Health

Answered by Dr. Ramesh B. Hegde 4 hours later
Dear XXXXXXX,

Thank you for the query.

Most common reasons of lump on the palate is sequel to tooth decay i.e. Peri-apical lesions may be abscess or cyst.

It is not clear about the specific site of lump in your query, whether there is tooth or dental implants in the adjacent to the lump. Sinus infection is known to cause some amount of discomfort in the upper posterior teeth region but not lump.

A detailed examination by a dentist and Intra Oral Periapical (IOPA) X-ray of the region or Orthopantomogram (OPG) X-ray may help to narrow down the exact cause of the lump.

Hope I have answered your query. If you need any further clarifications you are most well-come. If you do not have any further clarifications, kindly accept the answer.

With regards,

Follow-up: Painful lump on palate, pain in left side gum. Have dental implants, sinus infection with existing stuffiness. Treatment? 4 hours later
I have no tooth decay. I go to the dentist every 3 months alternating between my regular dentist and the peri-dontist. The lump is located at the back center of my palate.
I have chonic stuffiness in my right nostral only at night. I wake up at night because of this. If I use a nose spray before I go to bed it helps. Wondering if I should see an "ear, nose, throat" specialist.

Answered by Dr. Ramesh B. Hegde 11 minutes later
Dear,

Thank you for the detailed information. It is better to see "ear, nose, throat specialist” first for the signs and symptoms what you are explaining.

Wish you speedy recovery.

With regards,

Follow-up: Painful lump on palate, pain in left side gum. Have dental implants, sinus infection with existing stuffiness. Treatment? 1 hour later
Thank you so much! I will schedule an appointment today.

Thanks for writing back.

I appreciate you for following my advise.

Wishing you good health and speedy recovery.

Regards.