Painful lump, bloody discharge from groin area next to scrotum. Emergency?

Jul 2016

Painful lump with bloody discharge in groin area next to scrotum for 4 days. Do I need urgent attention for this?
Posted Mon, 10 Jun 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have developed Staphylococcal infection of a hair follicle ( Boil) in groin.

However this can be confirmed only on clinical examination by a qualified General Surgeon.
Please consult qualified surgeon for clinical evaluation .

He may advise you to take antibiotics along with anti inflammatory medicines like Diclofenac twice daily for a week.

If it does not subside after taking these may need to be incised and drained.

Hope I have answered your query.
Please feel free to ask if you have any more questions I shall be happy to help you.
Thanks with Regards.