Painful erection, swollen ligament on shaft near base with tenderness. Cause?

Dec 2012

I woke up with a painful erection last night. I noticed this morning a swollen cord like ligament or vein on my shaft near the base. It is just a little tender
Posted Fri, 7 Jun 2013 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 3 hours later

Thanks for posting,

It seems you are having an inflammation of the penis shaft which is most likely due to an infection (not necessarily an STD) and could be of any origin( bacteria, viral, fungal). Your erection was painful because of the inflammation. Just apply an over the counter steroid cream. if you are too worried do consult a doctor who can take proper look and propride you with appropeiate treatment after determining the cause.

Hope I was helpful and wish you all the best

Dr. Nsah
Follow-up: Painful erection, swollen ligament on shaft near base with tenderness. Cause? 16 minutes later
Is this something that will go away on its own. I am married and have a monogomus relationship. I know it is not an STD.
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 6 minutes later

yes will go away on its own even without applying the cream. if you can bare with the pain for a few more days.

Dr. Nsah