Painful ejaculation,erection with bowel movement

I am having very painful ejaculations and erections with my bowel movements. What would be causing these issues? I have already been on one round of antibiotics but still having these problems. My general MD wont give me any answers. He has ordered for me to see a urologist. I am very concerned and am looking for some clue before I get blind sided.
Posted Wed, 25 Apr 2012 in Men Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 1 hour later

From your symptoms of painful erection and ejaculation during bowel movement, there is an important possibility that this is due to prostatitis. The typical symptoms of prostatitis are fever, pelvic, testicle, or rectal pain, frequent and painful urination and ejaculation and incomplete emptying of bladder.

During sexual arousal the prostate gland manufactures fluid and at the time of ejaculation, fluid is discharged from the prostate gland and ejaculatory ducts into the urethra. Stool passing through the rectum may push on the distended prostate which is there in prostatitis producing a penile discharge and hence causing painful erection and ejaculation during bowel movement.

I agree with your doctor that you need to get it evaluated from a urologist. He will physically examine you and do a per rectal examination to check the status of prostate. He will also get your PSA (prostate specific antigen) levels done. They will confirm the diagnosis of prostatitis.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.