Painful burp, chest pain, blacking out

Painful burp, pain in chest & blacked out for 2 to 3 seconds. Felt fine remainder of day no other incidents. Never had this happen before.
Posted Sat, 11 Aug 2012 in GERD
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 27 minutes later
Welcome to XXXXXXX
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided.
I advice you to calm down, It is likely to be Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD). This can be associated with esophagitis (food pipe inflammation).
I advice you to take TUMS or ENO these are fast acting heartburn relief formulation. Along with that you should take Proton pump inhibitor tablets, these are available as over the counter medication. It should be taken early morning before breakfast empty stomach once daily.
I also advice you to avoid spicy food, restrict alcohol for some time and hopefully this should subside in next couple of day. If it is persistent, it would need an evaluation by a physician and may be upper gastrointestinal endoscopy (camera exam).
If symptom persist or severity increases i advice you to see physician.
Hope I have provided the information you needed.
Wish you good health. Take care.