Painful bump on areola, discharge clear fluid on squeezing. What can be this?

Hi, my husband has got a bump in his areola which tends to give clear fluid out when squeezed, it is painful, any concerns? what it can be?
Posted Thu, 31 May 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 20 minutes later

I can appreciate your concern for your husband.

From the details that you have provided it seems that there are couple of common possibilities in his case.

1. Hair roof infection
2. Cyst in glands.

Both these things are benign and there is no need to worry about them.

The reason for pain being some associated infection or due to friction by clothes.

To be on safer side and have piece of mind, I would suggest that you please consult your breast examination to look for any other bumps in breast.

The chances of breast cancer in males in comparison to females are very less. Still precautions are better.

I hope this helps

Do write again if you have something more to ask.

In case you do not have further query, please accept the answer.