Painful bump inside buttocks crack, feels sore. What do I take to relieve it?

i have a painful lump/bump inside my butt crack, to the right butt cheek - feels sore - what do i take to relieve it? have bouts of dermatitis on back of upper thighs going towards that area too - and noticed these rashes start after sitting for periods of time on my faux leather chairs and bean bag. can you help me find something to releive these symptoms.
Posted Wed, 19 Sep 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 2 hours later

Your symptoms suggest you have a gluteal abscess. Usually causative factor is bacterial infection.

Treatment with antibiotics for infection and painkiller to relive pain would be helpful. It is always suggestible get such abscess drained completely or else the nidus infection remains within the undrained portion and it can lead to recurrence. If it persists after these medication also you should consider surgical drainage with consultation of your doctor.

For thigh dermatitis treament would include corticosteroid creams to decrease the inflammatory reaction in the skin.

Hope this answers your question.Regards.