Painful bump appeared close to testicle. What is causing this?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
My hubby has a painful lump hard up under his left bum cheek between his bum hole and testicles and its painful when he sits down. Its not on the skin its in XXXXXXX and not pea like. It gives a bit when you push it like a fatty lump what do you think?
Posted Wed, 16 Jan 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 2 hours later

Well, without a clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of the lump. Possibilities that may need to be considered include-

1.Sebaceous cyst: which can occur due to blockade of the duct of sebaceous gland on the skin of the buttock.When that gets infected it can form abscess.

2.Infection of the subcutaneous tissue, muscles etc of the buttock can manifest as lump under the skin.

3.Lipoma: collection of fat tissue forming a lump under the skin.

I would suggest getting this evaluated by a physician for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management. He may get FNAC (fine needle aspiration cytology) of lump under his/her guidance.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if you any more concerns. If you have no further query, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.

Wishing you good health...
Dr Saurabh Gupta.