Painful boils inside ears with blood and pus. What should I do?

ENT Specialist
Iam 30 years old. I have problem with both the years from past 2 years. Have been to multiple ENT specialists in these 2 years. Many said this is just a bacterial infection XXXXXXX said funfal infection and treated with one month course each time. As soon as the medicine gets completed my ear starts paining. Main problem is i wll get boils kind of things inside the ears. It oozez out blood and pus for 6 to 7 days . Once the wound is heal pain reduces. This is a cyclic process. Boils keep on coming one after other.

I was pregnant and got delivered a healthy baby on sept 26 2013. Ear problem did not occur during the 9 month gestation period. Now as soon as the delivery is done my both the ears are on bang. Have severe pain and pus is coming from them.

Please suggest me what should i do and Iam feeding my little one of 20 days old.
Posted Tue, 5 Nov 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Hariom Sharma 22 hours later
Brief Answer:
Recurrent furuncle

Detailed Answer:
Hi Mam,

I have gone through your query.
It suggests that you may be suffering from the recurrent furuncle in the external audiotory canal.
Two most important cause of this disease -
1. Frequent cleaning of the external auditory canal by the ear bud or anything such as key etc.
2. Diabetes.
You can damage the skin in the ear canal if you poke your ear with any objects such as a cotton wool bud. This slightly damaged skin can quickly become inflamed and infected and may be responsible for furuncle.

In this case, I personally advised to you-
Painkillers such as paracetamol
A cloth soaked in hot water and then held against the ear may relieve the pain or hot fomentation about seven times a day or as much as possible.
Antibiotics - For you I preferred combination of amoxicillin and clavulinic acid.
Anti-inflammatory and analgesic ear drop put in the ear.
If you have any doubt, I will be available for your query.
Wish you good health.
Follow-up: Painful boils inside ears with blood and pus. What should I do? 59 minutes later
Thank you Doctor for your detailed answeer.

Please suggest me the name of medicines for
Antibiotics: amoxicillin and clavulinic acid.
Antiiflammatory and analgesic ear drop to put in the ear.

Answered by Dr. Hariom Sharma 12 minutes later
Brief Answer:
According to Most Probable diagnosis

Detailed Answer:
Hi Mam,
Thank you for follow up query.

Best consult your doctor before taking these medicines for exclusion of other disease and any contraindication of these medicines.
If you are as a normal woman and no any contraindication then you may go for
Tablet - Augmentin 625 mg twice a day.
Ear drop Otocin-O ear drop 2 drops three times a day.

Prevent external auditory canal from- Water, oil and ear bud.

Wish you Good Health