Pain while urinating and also while masturbating, notice a change in sperm. How can i stop the pain?

Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases
Question
hi.. im 22 iv never had this before it hurts when i pee its not really a stingin feelin either it just hurts.. iv also noticed when i urinate its very bubbly it was never like that before.. also when i masterbate it hurts when ejeculating and this is all at the tip and under of my penis.. also ivnoticed my semen isnt as liquidy anymore its thicker not so "messy" either
Posted Tue, 24 Apr 2012 in Men's Health

Answered by Dr. Hema Yadav 2 hours later

Your symptoms are suggestive of an underlying genitor-UTI)or inflammatory condition like urethritis. Urethra is a common opening duct which is used for expelling both semen and urine. It can get inflamed due to infection or trauma.

As explained, the issue may have occurred following a mild trauma or rubbing or following a sexual intercourse. Such problems usually resolve in a week. It might help to avoid further mucosal irritation (rubbing or masturbation). In addition drink plenty of water and maintain adequate genital hygiene. Further cranberry juice have been more than useful in treating such symptoms. You may also consider drinking a glass of cranberry juice twice or thrice a day for a few days.

If the pain persists or worsens then you may need to consult your doctor and get a urine test.

Hope I have answered your query. Please accept this answer if you do not have any further query. Should you have any additional concerns, I will be available to assist you.