Pain while food is starting to descend. Is this heartburn?

General Surgeon
I occasionally have pain while my food is starting to descend. Sometimes, as bad as throwing up but usually handled with small bites chewing slowly. Also, their is a sensitivity in my intestines similar to when one needs to defecate. I am now taking acidophilus plus deglyrrhizinated licorice. This has been signicant for tummy comfort. Is this heartburn?
Posted Tue, 5 Nov 2013 in Eating Disorders
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 24 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Esophageal cancer needs to be ruled out.

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for the query.

Yes, this might be a heartburn indeed. It can be caused by peptic ulcer, stomach inflammation or Esophagus narrowing can also give such symptom. Such narrowing can appear due to an inflammation or even a cancer.
That is why, I suggest you to do not ignore your symptoms. Please visit your doctor, have blood work, abdominal ultrasound and gastroscopy done.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.