Pain under ribs, in the center, chronic pain. Treatment ?

General Surgeon
pain just under ribs in middle has lasted all day
Posted Fri, 20 Apr 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Rajinder Bajoria 27 minutes later

Pain in the middle of abdomen just under ribs (epigastric region) is probably due to gastritis. Drugs such as panadeine extra can induce gastritis.

In the first instance, the pain appears to be case of drug induces gastritis. But possibility of some infection (H.pylori) should also be considered.

It should settle down with simple antacids and bland simple diets. Since nexium is not helping you an alternative proton pump inhibitor may be needed. I also suggest you to undergo upper GI endoscopy. You may discuss about this test and change of medications with your primary physician.

Hope I have answered your query, I will be available to answer your follow up queries,

“Wish you Good Health and trouble free speedy recovery”