Pain under ribs and abdomen, nausea after BM. Got checked and saw hemorrhoids but CBC was normal. Suggest?

Pain under ribs everyday and lower abdomen nausea after bm yellow on toilet paper I went go get checked saw hemroids but cbc was normal ?
Posted Tue, 17 Sep 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Take mebeverine, rabeprazole and domperidone

Detailed Answer:
Hello! Thanks for putting your query in XXXXXXX I am a Gastroenterologist (DM).

Pain in lower abdomen and under ribs and nausea after bowel movements may suggest there is some intestinal problem that is intestinal colic. Since hemorrhoids are there at this means that you are somewhat constipated also. I hope there is no alarming features like weight loss or loss of apetite then you may take some antispasmodic like mebeverine and if you are constipated then take some laxative like syrup cremaffin plus which is a combination of milk of magnesia, sodium picosulphate and liquid paraffin, and for nausea take a prokinetic agent like domperidone and a proton pump inhibitor like rabeprazole. take these medicines for a week if your symptoms are not relieved then visit a Gastroenterologist who may examine you and may advise for , ultrasound abdomen, endoscopy and colonoscopy for diagnosis

I hope I have answered your query and this will help you. If you have any further query I will be happy to answer that too. Remain in touch and get-well soon.
Follow-up: Pain under ribs and abdomen, nausea after BM. Got checked and saw hemorrhoids but CBC was normal. Suggest? 51 minutes later
u don't think it's cancer do u I'm scared
and what's the yellow after wiping with bm
Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
No it doesn't appear to be cancer

Detailed Answer:
Hello! I don't think it is cancer as most important is your young age and colonic cancer do occur in 6th decade. Second there is no alarming features as mentioned above.
So possibility of cancer will be very remote.

Yellow may be some mucus mixed with faecal matter

If you do not have any clarification, you can close the discussion and rate the answer. Wish you a good health.