Pain under rib cage, tingling pain, extreme pain if I don't adjust position. History of fatigue, joint pains. Pain management techniques?

Hello. I have pain in my right side just under my rib cage when I lean forward. It starts as a tingling pain and if I do not adjust my position it will go to an all out extreme pain where something moves inside of me. I cannot breath and must adjust my position and actualy I feel something move back into place, I am 45 years old. 275 pounds. Female. I am also very tired all of the time, no matter what time of day it is. I also have alot of joint pain just about everywhere.
Posted Sat, 14 Apr 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 17 minutes later

Thanks for the query

Pain right under the rib cage can be because of

1. Muscle pain
2. Gall stones
3. Rib fracture
4. Pancreatitis

In your particular case I feel muscular pain and gall stones are the most probable cause. In both these conditions you will get intense pain on the right side below the rib cage, sometimes associated with fever, and times (not always) radiating to the back.
Your easy fatigability could be because of your weight and also because of generalized joint pain which might be easily tiring you out.
In any case, please consult a physician who may order the following investigations:
•     Chest X XXXXXXX PA view
•     Ultra sound abdomen
•     Liver function tests
I wish you a speedy recovery.
I hope I have answered your query. Kindly accept my answer if there are no follow up queries