Pain under lower left side, below first rib, hurts more when taking deep breaths

Jan 2013

sir, I was wondering why I feel slight pain under my lower left side, right under about my first rib. It especially hurts more when I take a XXXXXXX breath.
Posted Sun, 30 Sep 2012 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 22 minutes later
Do you have cough with sputum production, blood in cough?
As you have already mentioned presence of fever, there is high chances of bacterial and viral infection.
Bacterial infection may cause lung parenchymal infection in form of pneumonitis.
Viral infection by causing flu and myalgia may cause body and chest pain.
You should consult with physician and get thorough check up of your chest.
You should go for following investigations: complete blood count, ESR, renal function test, chest x XXXXXXX
In case of any doubt, you can also go CT scan thorax.
In case of pneumonia, you should go for complete antibiotic course.
Put your views also.
Best regards,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava
Follow-up: Pain under lower left side, below first rib, hurts more when taking deep breaths 2 hours later
I kicked th fever yesterday, I was drinking way more monster energy drinks than I should have, like 6 or more a day for a week. I feel this brought my immune system down as I read it can online and feel this might have something to do with my stomach.
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 9 hours later
Excessive alcohol intake may suppress immune system and may predispose to infection.
You should go for above prescribed investigation.
Get well soon,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava