Pain under left armpit, no lumps. What can be the reason for the pain?

i have had pain under left armpit, can't feel any lumps, for 3 months & have no other symptoms
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 28 minutes later
Hello and thanks for query.

Normally pain under armpit is associated with some infection or referred pain from some other area or due to some local node swelling. Since you don't have anything of such sort and you are a patient of high blood pressure along with high cholesterol, I think this could be due to angina.

Are you having any breathlessness or sweating or some discomfort?
Does the pain come on exertion?

A detailed physical examination as well as cardiac assessment by your doctor to rule out angina is needed.

I hope to have answered your query. I am available for any follow up query which you might have.

Thanks and good luck.