Pain under breasts, armpit, cramps on lower abdomen, excess vaginal discharge, stress. What could be the reason?

hello. i am 20 years old female with no history of health problems. It has been three days i have pain either under my breasts or under my armpit. the pain is not that bad but it feels like a muscle pain. i had my period on the 13th of march so i am ovulating now thus it is not a pre menstrual symptom. i am under stress lately so my stomach is not at its best so that might be the problem that causes the pain there? also i have cramps on the lower abdominal area where the ovaries are and i have a lot of vaginal discharge. i am 100% sure i am not pregnant.
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later
Being under stress can cause an involuntary muscle stiffness resulting in the muscular pain under your breasts and armpits. A good hot water bath and mild pain killer like acetaminophen or ibuprofen will help in relaxing the tension and will resolve your symptoms.
Improvising your body posture and avoiding any unusual activity or weight lifting will be helpful.
Cramps in the lower abdominal area associated with lots of vaginal discharge may be due to a vaginal infection. It can be a fungal or bacterial infection. A vaginal swab culture is the best way to get it diagnosed.
Oral antibiotics and antifungal agents are needed for proper treatment. You can get the appropriate drugs prescribed from your gynecologist after investigations.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.