Pain under arms and feel pressure on chest. Had breast implants. Is this a sign of breast cancer?

Oncologist, Surgical
Question
I have been experiencing pain under both arms and feel pressure on my chest. The pain came at the same time. I had breast implants 13 years ago and have had no problems. I have felt for lumps under my arms and around my breast but feel nothing. I do however feel one of my bags. Is this a sign of breast cancer.
Posted Mon, 11 Nov 2013 in Breast Cancer

Answered by Dr. Rohan Khandelwal 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
symptoms not suggestive of cancer; mri required

Detailed Answer:
Dear ma'am,

Sorry to hear about your problem. Although your symptoms are not suggestive of breast cancer but considering your.strong family history of breast cancer and the fact that you have implants, you should consult your surgeon and schedule a MRI to rule out a subclincial lump.

Considering your strong family history of cancer, you should get an annual mri as a screening procedure.

Hoping for the best.

Follow-up: Pain under arms and feel pressure on chest. Had breast implants. Is this a sign of breast cancer? 48 hours later
I am now having sharp pain in left breast only. Aching feeling and still tight chest pain. Any idea

Answered by Dr. Rohan Khandelwal 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
implant needs to be checked

Detailed Answer:
Dear Ma'am,

Sorry to hear about your problem. This pain could be due to small rupture of the implant or due to capsular contracture. This can be picked up by a breast MRI. You should schedule an appointment with your doctor and have it checked out.

Hoping for the best.

Follow-up: Pain under arms and feel pressure on chest. Had breast implants. Is this a sign of breast cancer? 18 hours later
Good news. Had a mamogram and ultra sound. Found several infected cysts on both breast. Said should go away in time but stay away from caffeine and drink plenty of water and eat healthy. I can now rest at night. Thank you.

Answered by Dr. Rohan Khandelwal 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Glad that nothing is wrong with the implants

Detailed Answer:
Dear Ma'am,

Glad to know that nothing is wrong with the implants. These cysts will settle down with time. Avoid caffeine and wear a good breast support. In addition to this, you can even take Vit E capsules for a month.

Hoping for the best.