Pain under ankle bone. Taking treatment for plantar fasciitis. What is a dysfunctional muscle? Treatments?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
i am being treated by the physio for planter facillitus but now they are not sure that is what it is as i have also developed a crushing pain under my ankle bone . They think it might be a disfunctional muscle and suggested i shouldn't be walking on it , however as my husbands carer its not possible to stay off my feet , but i am being careful. what is a dysfuncional muscle and what would the possible treatments be?
Posted Sat, 11 Aug 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 49 minutes later
Muscle dysfunction is characterized by chronic pain in the muscles attached to a joint due to improper posture, exercise or a stress.
The treatment involves giving adequate rest to the muscles, mild pain killers for symptomatic relief, hot fomentation and gradual physiotherapy exercises after the acute pain subsides completely. Proper and adequate rest is the mainstay of the treatment. Muscle relaxants in combination with pain killers may be helpful in early relief.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.