Pain slow and steady in lower abdomen above urinary organ. Suggest precautions?

Question
Height-178 cm,weight-75 kg,age-27
I am feeling a slow n steady pain in my lower side of stomach above urinary organ.feeling problem while walking n sitting.kindly suggest me the precaution n action to do.

Thanks,
Posted Thu, 19 Apr 2012 in Abdominal Pain

Answered by Dr. Aparna Kohli 1 hour later
Hi XXXXXXX

There are several causes of the symptoms that you have described. This could include spasm, appendicitis, gastroenteritis amongst others.

As I believe that more information can help a physician reach an accurate diagnosis, I would request you to answer the following questions:
a. Do you experiencing any pain or burning while urinating? Do you think you need to go to the bathroom more often?
b. Do you feel any pain when you touch that area?
c. Have you experienced any trauma in this area?
d. Do you have any nausea, vomiting, fever, and decrease in appetite or diarrhea?

Till then, I suggest you take the following measures:
a. Take plenty of fluids.
b. If you have experienced any trauma to this site, try tablet aspirin 325 mg every 6 hours after food for 2-3 days.
c. If the symptoms worsen or if you experience any vomiting or diarrhea, I would suggest that you consult your treating physician.

Awaiting your reply.

Follow-up: Pain slow and steady in lower abdomen above urinary organ. Suggest precautions? 47 minutes later
Ans- No i don't feel any pain or burning during urinating.....but at the time of ejectulation feeling of urinal, i can't even control the pain in my lower abdominal.

Ans- Yes,when i touch the area of stomach,i feel the slow pain.

Ans- No Never
Ans - No

Answered by Dr. Aparna Kohli 20 minutes later

Thanks for reverting.

It is probable that you are suffering from urinary tract infection. Treatment involves antibiotics like fluoroquinolones, alkaline syrups and plenty of fluids.

I would suggest that you see your treating physician who can prescribe appropriate antibiotics.

Till then, I would suggest the following:

1. Take plenty of fluids
2. Take Syrup Citralka 2 tsp 4 times daily for 5 days.

I hope I have answered all your queries.
Wish you speedy recovery.
Please accept my answer if you have no further query.