Pain radiating from belly-button whenever bending or stretching, burning when stop urinating. Had laproscopy. Reason?

Apr 2013

General Surgeon
I have pain radiating from belly-button towards both sides. I am six weeks post-op from laparoscopy. Pain happens whenever bending or stretching. There seems to be a piece of fishing line coming out of the belly button. Sometimes I have burning when I stop urinating.
Posted Mon, 20 May 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 1 hour later
Hi madam and welcome to XXXXXXX
The first thing is to find out is this caused by intraabdominal pathology or this is related to abdominal wall and laparoscopy scars.
It sounds to me like this second one. It can be wound infection(if there is redness,oain and pus secretion around it) or muscle damage during the surgery.This isnt uncommon and sometimes incisional hernias can develop around these small scars as well as umbilical hernias. It takes 3-4 months for complete wounds healing with final scar formation so slight pain can be felt during this period.
FOr intrabdominal evaluation you should do ultrasound. After pelvic surgeries, abdominal adhesions are commonly found which can cause various difficulties. I dont think this is the issue in your case but if your symptoms persist you should do CT scan or diagnostic laparoscopy.
So just go step by step,take standard painkillers for few more days and see will it help. If not,then rule out wound infection and hernias first.
Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help