Pain on the side of abdomen, patel in the womb, irregular periods, polycystic ovary. Laparoscopy done. Reason and advise?

Question
i am experiencing sever pain on right side lower abdomen i got a laproscopy test there is an patel(block) in right side tube in womb.what could be the reason?
symptoms
right side lower abdomen pain
leg pain
back pain
every time after eating i feel to go to toilet(stool)

MY MONTHLY PERIODS ALSO NOT REGULAR
EVERY MONTH IT WILL COME 15 OR MORE THAN 20 DAYS AFTER
Posted Wed, 23 May 2012 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 46 minutes later

There can be several reasons for the blockage of fallopian tube like pelvic inflammatory disease, tuberculosis, endometriotic adhesions between ovary and tube, hydrosalpinx etc.

These all can cause pain in the flank.

The underlying cause has to be treated.

As you are having delayed periods you might be having PCOD (Polycystic Ovarian Disease) or hypothyroidism or anemia.

As you are having stomach problem and indigestion, get it investigated properly.

For pain you can take antispasmodic and for upset stomach you can take antacid and metronidazole under your doctor's guidance and prescription.

Have curd, banana and rice.

Any further query is most welcome. Best wishes

Follow-up: Pain on the side of abdomen, patel in the womb, irregular periods, polycystic ovary. Laparoscopy done. Reason and advise? 2 hours later
Thank you so much,is this right side lower abdomen pain is related to womb
or any other disease ,because i done a colonoscopy ,endoscopy text also
there is no any upset,so please i want to know if there any XXXXXXX (block)in right side tube in womb is it create like this pain ,(sometimes i felt the pain in left side also,but i m having the sever pain in right side)because i m having this pain about 6 months
i consulted about 10 doctors but no any good answer,so please i want to know shall i consult a gynocologist.

Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 4 hours later
Thanks for writing back.
The type of pain you are describing is commonly seen in pelvic inflammatory disease. It can also be due to chronic appendicitis. I would suggest you see a gynaecologist for a proper evaluation so that proper treatment can be started.
Best wishes

Follow-up: Pain on the side of abdomen, patel in the womb, irregular periods, polycystic ovary. Laparoscopy done. Reason and advise? 13 hours later
Dear DR,
Thank you so much,i m very satisfied with your advise.I ll get back to you
if i have any problems in future.

Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 6 hours later
Hello XXXXXXX,

You are most welcome.

You can ask me a query in future at this link WWW.WWWW.WW

Wishing you speedy recovery.

Follow-up: Pain on the side of abdomen, patel in the womb, irregular periods, polycystic ovary. Laparoscopy done. Reason and advise? 5 days later
DEAR MADAM,

AS YOU MENTIONED THAT PELVIC INFLAMMATORY DISEASE AND CHRONIC APPENDICITIS
I WENT THROUGH AND OBSERVED IN THE NET THAT MOST OF THE SYMPTOMS WHICH ARE MARKED
BEING EXPERIENCED BY ME.

SYMPTOMS OF PID

FEVER
CERVICAL MOTION TENDERNESS
LOWER ABDOMINAL PAIN*
NEW OR DIFFERENT DISCHARGE*
PAINFUL INTERCOURSE
IRREGULAR MENSTRUAL BLEEDING*

SYMPTOMS OF CHRONIC PELVIC PAIN

CHRONIC PELVIC PAIN REFERS TO PAIN IN YOUR PELVIC REGION-THE AREA BELOW YOUR BELLYBUTTON AND BETWEEN YOUR HIPS-LASTING SIX MONTHS OR LONGER.*
SEVERE AND STEADY PAIN*
PAIN THAT COMES AND GOES(INTERMITTENT)*
DULL ACHING*
SHARP PAINS OR CRAMPING*
PRESSURE OR HEAVINESS XXXXXXX WITHIN YOUR PELVIS
PAIN DURING INTERCOURSE
PAIN WHILE HAVING A BOWEL MOVEMENT
PAIN WHEN YOU SIT DOWN*

I CONSULTED A GYNECOLOGIST WHO DID THE WOMB LAPAROSCOPY TEST TO ME ON THE VERY SAME DAY OF MY GALLBLADDER OPERATION AND WAS TOLD THAT ONE OF THE TUBES NOT BEING NOT FUNCTIONED FROM MY BIRTH
WHERE THE OTHER TUBE US NORMAL WHICH MEANS NO PROBLEMS OR CONFUSIONS AT ALL.ALSO THERE IS NO CONNECTION BETWEEN ABOVE MATTER AND MY LOWER ABDOMEN PAIN.IT'S ALMOST 18 MONTHS AFTER MARRIAGE
AND HAVING NO BABIES,BUT ONCE ABORTED,AND I WAS TOLD BY THE SAME DOCTOR THAT TO START ON TREATMENT FOR PREGNANCY.BUT I NEED A PERFECT DECISION AS I COULD GO ALONG WITH HIS ADVISE OR TO CONSULT ANYONE ELSE WITH YOUR POINT OF VIEW.ALSO PLEASE SEND ME YOUR E-MAIL ADDRESS TO SEND YOU THE REPORTS OF THE LAPAROSCOPY. EXPECTING A FAVORABLE A QUICK REPLY.

Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 13 hours later

Welcome again.

According to your medical history you have a blocked tube from birth; you have gall bladder removed; having history of one miscarriage; endoscopy and colonoscopy reports are within normal; you have severe pain on the right side of lower abdomen, sometimes on left and it radiates to leg as well as back and you feel like going to toilet after meals.

1. As far as motion is concerned this is common after removal of gall bladder. A gastroenterologist can address this issue better. In my opinion a post cholecystectomy diet revised with less fat can reduce this symptom. Discuss with your gastroenterologist to know more about its treatment.

2. As far as the absence or non functioning of one fallopian tube is concerned, your doctor said it is congenital or from birth. I would like to see the picture of that tube. If you have the pictures of laparoscopy do send across to me with the reports.

3. The symptoms you mentioned above for Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID) may vary from patient to patient. We see this routinely at the clinic. So do not be misled by what you read on the net. A thorough evaluation is warranted to diagnosis PID.

4. As you have conceived once so I don't think there will be difficulty in conceiving again.

5. Yes, I would like to see your reports. You can mail them to YYYY@YYYY with the subject as Attn: Dr. Minoo Bhagia. Alternatively you can upload the pictures and your reports here on this page using upload feature available.

Awaiting your response.

Best wishes

Follow-up: Pain on the side of abdomen, patel in the womb, irregular periods, polycystic ovary. Laparoscopy done. Reason and advise? 30 hours later
I Attached my relevant reports ,my CT SCAN reports will be ready within 2 days after that i will send it you.

Thank you very much,
regards,
XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 2 hours later
Dear XXXXXXX,
Thanks for writing back.

I have just gone through your laparoscopy reports. The left sided tube has not been captured by camera in this image but since the XXXXXXX is visible, it means it is patent. The right sided tube is showing hydrosalpinx.

Please attach some more images if you have them with you

Best wishes

Follow-up: Pain on the side of abdomen, patel in the womb, irregular periods, polycystic ovary. Laparoscopy done. Reason and advise? 7 days later
DEAR DR,

MY GYNECOLOGIST GAVE ME ONLY ONE REPORT(PHOTO) OF THE LAPAROSCOPY.
ALSO TVS SCAN REPORT WAS SENT TO YOU ,HEREWITH I' M SENDING THE CT SCAN REPORT . THERE WAS A COMMENT IN THE CT SCAN REPORT THAT IT'S FATTY LIVER,BUT MY DR TOLD ME DUE TO THE FATTY LIVER THERE WILL BE A PAIN IN THE RIGHT SIDE ABDOMEN NOT IN THE LOWER.THIS TIME ALSO MY PERIODS IS 2 MONTHS AND 10 DAYS LATTER MY DR TOLD ME TO TAKE THE TABLET(NORGEST-5 mg)FOR THAT.IS IT OK TO AGREE WITH HIM,OR TO SEE ANOTHER GYNECOLOGIST TO GET A FRESH LAPAROSCOPY TEST.EXPECTING A FAVORABLE REPLY.

Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 1 hour later

Welcome back.

After going through your reports attached, I have come to a conclusion that you most probably may have polycystic ovaries with blocked right sided fallopian tube.

There is XXXXXXX in the pouch of XXXXXXX which means left sided tube is patent.

Fatty liver is very common and for that you have to change your diet.

You are having delayed periods due to PCOD.

Get a proper treatment including change in lifestyle means more activity and there are drugs like metformin along with ovulation induction drugs like clomiphene citrate but they are to be taken under your gynecologist advice and prescription.

As you said you are having pain so the activity must have been reduced.

Pain will subside gradually with anti inflammatory drugs, this pain is due to PID as your right sided tube is inflamed and swollen.

You don't need a second laparoscopy as so many operations cause adhesions which reduce the chances of pregnancy.

Your doctor must have given progesterone for withdrawal bleeding. There is no harm in taking that but it will not cure the cyst in ovaries.

Best wishes.

Any further query is most welcome.

Follow-up: Pain on the side of abdomen, patel in the womb, irregular periods, polycystic ovary. Laparoscopy done. Reason and advise? 4 hours later
DEAR DR,

DECIDED TO CONSULT ANOTHER GYNECOLOGIST,SOMEONE WHO CAN GIVE
A BETTER TREATMENT IN SRILANKA,OR ELSE TO VISIT INDIA,COULD YOU PLEASE
LET ME KNOW YOU WILL BE AVAILABLE IN SOUTH INDIA(CHENNAI,TRICHY)OR KINDLY
NAME ANY DOCTOR THAT I COULD VISIT IN SOUTH INDIA AND HER /HIS CONTACTABLE DETAILS,AS I'M UNABLE TO TRAVEL ALL THE WAY TO DELHI.

Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 27 minutes later
Dear,

There are reviews written by our users about doctors in our listing, those can guide you for a better doctor. You can search for a doctor in your area at this link WWW.WWWW.WW

Alternatively, you can mail us at YYYY@YYYY with your concerns and we shall guide you further.