Pain on left arm and shoulder along with diarrhea. What is this?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
My left arm and shoulder has been aching for a few days. I have taken aspirin which does help, but it keeps coming back. I am also having problems with diarrhea for the past few weeks.
Posted Sat, 2 Nov 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
History is suggestive of Adhesive capsulitis.

Detailed Answer:
Hi and Thanks for your query.

Although it isn't possible to diagnose your condition without an examination and a few tests, your history is suggestive of Adhesive capsulitis(Frozen shoulder) or Calcific tendonitis.

These conditions are easily managed by regular physiotherapy ( Range of motion exercices,stretching and strengthening exercises). Over-the-counter pain relievers, such as aspirin and ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin), can help reduce pain and inflammation associated with this condition.

I would suggest getting this evaluated by an orthopedician nearby for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management. Your doctor after diagnosing the condition might refer to you a physical therapist.A physical therapist can teach you stretching exercises to help maintain as much mobility in your shoulder as possible

I do hope that you have found something helpful and informative and I will be glad to answer any further query.