Pain on hip, leg and knee, swelling tissues in neck and collar bone, overweight. What it can be?

Radiologist
Question
I have been having pain and numbness on my left side in the lower extremeties (hip, leg, knee). I also have been having swelling of tissue in the left side of my lower neck just above the collar bone. I am going through some personal issues and have been stressed, as well as I work retail and am overweight and am on my feet most of the day. At first I attributed it to be overweight and having sciatica, but could it be something more?
Posted Mon, 13 May 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 5 hours later
Hi, welcome and thanks for writing in.
Symptoms of left lower limbs are sciatica only. Considering your overweight status and long standing profession there is stress on lumbar spine which may cause such symptoms. There is probably herniation of intervertebral disc. It is not generalised disease as in that cases symptoms are bilateral. You need to consult your orthopaedician and get MRI of lumbosacral region done. It will diagnose the exact cause.
Soft tissue in lower neck is possibly fat deposition which is related to your overweight.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have further concern, please let me know.

Regards.

Follow-up: Pain on hip, leg and knee, swelling tissues in neck and collar bone, overweight. What it can be? 29 minutes later
The soft tissues in my neck hurts and swells, randomly. Does fat deposition do that? Can you explain that issue a little more.

Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 11 hours later
Hi, welcome back.
If there is localised swelling which hurts sometimes and no fever then it could be small lipoma. If it is troubling too much then local ultrasonography is needed to rule out exact cause.

Hope it will clear your doubts. If you have further concern, please let me know.
Regards.