Ask a Urologist   »  

Pain near urethra bulb area, arised after bouts of acute prostatis. Next step?

Burning pain near the uretha bulb area. Aggravated when sitting. Have had many visits with my urologist t and Dr. XXXXXXX M. Weiss who has the The Pacific Center for Pelvic Pain and Dysfunction. He is puzzled in regards to next steps but is evaluating. Condition started after having within 6 months 2 bouts of raging acute prostatitis. Any advice for next steps? MRI? Neurological examination?
Posted Sat, 25 May 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 1 hour later
Welcome to the forum.
Unfortunately, such a situation is not easy to treat.
I would do the tests in a step wise manner to see if anything comes up in the results.
Urine culture to check for infection, semen culture to look for infection, uroflowmetry to assess your urine flow.
Antibiotics for at-least a month, stool softeners and muscle relaxants may be necessary.
Uro-dynamics, if necessary may be needed assess bladder contraction.
If nothing works out, TURP (trans-urethral resection of the prostate) should give some relief, as it can clear infection lodged within the prostate gland.
best regards
Follow-up: Pain near urethra bulb area, arised after bouts of acute prostatis. Next step? 6 hours later
My doctors have done the following - Urine culture, semen culture, uroflowmetry and to date I am clean in those areas.
They have narrowed it down to a condition in the uretha area but are puzzled on how to what to recommend. You did not address this in my health query.

Looking forward to getting potential solutions from you which is why I contacted your organization.

Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 5 hours later
Welcome back.
This means that you have not read my answer to the extent needed.
I have given suggestions already.
Antibiotics for a month, laxatives and muscle relaxants, as already suggested.
TURP if nothing else helps.
Last but not the least, you need to remember i am trying my best to provide solution from a remote area without having the chance to examine you and also that a centrer known for treating these problems is not able to offer a solution!
Best regards