Pain near the eyebrow on touching. Any suggestions?

Area around left eyebrow is painful to the touch. Very painful if pressed. Dull ache the rest of the time (ie when not pressed.)
Posted Wed, 6 Jun 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Ashwini Kolur 40 minutes later

I will try my best to provide you with best possible professional recommendations to your questions.

I think it might be due to some injury that you are unaware off. Mild bruising may some time can cause pain.

It will be helpful if you mention the duration of your symptom. Also i would like to know whether you have cold or sinusitis and also any refractive problem.

As you are mentioning it is very painful to touch it might be folliculitis which is inflammation of one or more hair follicles. In this case you can see pimples or pustules near a hair follicle.

I advice you to use over the counter antibacterial wash like benzoyl peroxide, chlorhexidine and also you can consider applying topical antibiotic cream. Hot fomentation can also be helpful.

I advice you to search for any bruise and pustules. It is advisable to follow the above mentioned treatment for 2 to 3 days.

In the absence of bruise and pustule, if the pain persists more than 3 days it will be better if you see ophthalmologist to rule out any refractory error and ENT specialist to rule out sinusitis.

Yet again, I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query.

Hope i have cleared your queries. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer