Pain near right shoulder blade, have done push ups after a long time

sir i have a pain near right shoulder blade, after a long time i have done push ups,
Posted Sun, 22 Jul 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Neelam Ashish Vanjari 34 minutes later

Thanks for writing in.
You are having pain only after bending forwards, which is position generally while doing pushups. There is also history of push-ups after long gap.

It is obvious that, muscles around shoulder joint have gone in to spasm and are responsible for pain in shoulder blade.
Spasm will relieve in few days time. Continue medicines which you are already taking. Regimen also contains baclofen which is muscle relaxant.

Take rest as of now, as exercise will aggravate the problem.
Once pain relieves, you can start exercise at lower pace and gradually can increase.

Apply hot water compresses on affected area but not for more than 20 minutes at a time. Applying heat to the injured area relieves pain, will increase your range of motion, relax tense muscles, and decrease muscle spasms.

Report attached here is not opening properly. Kindly resend if condition does not resolves. Hope my answer helps you. In case of doubt, I shall be happy to help you.
Best regards,
Dr. Neelam.

Follow-up: Pain near right shoulder blade, have done push ups after a long time 3 hours later
i have this pain from past 3 weeks.what kind of medicine do i use? do you suggests me any better medicines
Answered by Dr. Neelam Ashish Vanjari 7 hours later

Thanks for writing in.
You can continue same medicines as you are taking it. They are fine. You should better rest for sometime without lifting weights.
You can apply hot fomentation on affected area. You can apply powergel at affected area for pain relief.
If it does not resolve with this within next three days, then consult physiotherapist for spasm relief exercises.
I hope this information helps. In case of doubt, feel free to revert back.
Best regards,
Dr. Neelam.